Sunday, May 22, 2011

A hen party, Foyle days and a toad in a hole


You know what we need?  More rain.  Hallelujah, the rain actually held off a little on Saturday night and Sunday afternoon. Before you read anymore, just be warned that some of the pictures you are going to see may be a little raunchy so if you're offended by that, stop reading now.

 I was invited to my first girl's night out here in Derry last night.  It was an Ann Summers hen party full of dirty games and surprises.  For those that don't know what Ann Summers is, click here.  Be warned...it's a teeny bit naughty. I'm going to post a few pictures.  Most of the pictures probably wouldn't be considered "appropriate," so again, be warned before viewing.  I won't post ALL of them, but maybe these here are a little more suitable for viewing hehe. Here are a few.  Enjoy!

First of all, we had to wear nametags with inappropriate names for the night as you can see below.  My name for the evening was Five Dollar Fiona.

Still calm.
The bride-to-be
Nothing says 'Welcome to Derry' like a girl sucking the creme out of a Cadbury creme egg as its lodged between your legs.
What's a bachelorette party without the token policeman stripper?
And a lovely stripper he was.
Isn't he pretty?
Of course, a John Holmes looking blow up doll is a must.

Alrighty, now on to the more family friendly part of my weekend.  The Foyle Days Festival complete with an international open air market full of yummy food vendors. I gained eight pounds just walking through this and smelling the deliciousness.

And, finally, it is time for me to be a little childish.  After the open air market, Barry and I went to the grocery store to stock up.  That is where I found these things below.  They were just sitting there in the frozen food section all nonchalantly. It made me giggle.  I had to take a picture.

From left to right:  Toad in the Hole, the Incredible Toad in the Hole and Mr. Brains Pork Faggots.


The Toad in the Hole things are sausage wrapped in a pastry.  The Incredible Toad in the Hole things I guess are the same things as the Toad in the Hole, but more incredible.  I'm still not sure what the pork faggots are.  I guess they are pigs that swing the other way.  Here's a close up of them. 
Okay, that's it for now, folks.

14 comments:

  1. That market looks fantastic! I think I gained weight just looking at the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun party, and the market looks incredible! And just when I thought Denmark couldn't get any stranger, I learn about these pork faggots. Ireland has me beat haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That party looks like an absolute blast!! And what a beautiful market!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, the last photo, too funny! I love that you had a great time at the party. Looks like it was almost too much fun! Yeah right, no such thing :) And what a fun market. All in all, I would say it was a great weekend, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like quite the hen party (also I love that word--sounds much more fun than a bachelorette party!) My party wasn't that crazy but we did get my mom and grandma to take blow job shots on their knees with their hands behind their backs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @KT---mine was quite tame as well...oh jeez if I coulda got my mom and grandma to do that hahahahhahaha. Good sports.
    @Texa---Right!
    @Olivia--it was a good time
    @Lindsay--yes they were surprising lol
    @Natalia--worth it though

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's it! I'm packing up and coming for a visit! It looks so fun and wonderful there. I know they say the grass isn't always greener, but Ireland's grass really is greener. What a fun "hen party!" (love the name!) It looks like y'all had a blast. And HELLO, Mr. Policeman Stripper Man. :)

    I'm also loving that market. I want to go! I want to go!!!! One day I will go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by my blog this weekend! I just wanted to let you know that I looooove your blog--I visited Ireland for the first time last November and it was absolutely wonderful. I can't wait to hear about more of your adventures on the island!

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks like you and your friends had an awesome time! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had a great time at the party. I don't know if I want to know what else happened!! The market looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh! This seems like a fun party. I am definitely going to show this blog to my friends, so that they know what they have to do on my bachelorette party. It was fun reading and going through this blog. I have even started looking for rental spaces for parties from now only.

    ReplyDelete